There are thousands of agents in our area and most of them are much better at selling their services than selling homes. How do you separate the wheat from the chaff?
Here are some good qualifying questions:
• How many houses you sold last year?
• How many listings do you currently have?
• Do you have a written specific marketing plan designed to sell my home quickly and for top dollars?
• Do you have a full-time staff of professionals to see that no details are overlooked? Marketing team? Professional photographer? Drone photographer? Interior designer? Even financial advisor?
• Do you attract buyers consistently on a daily basis? Do you have follow up systems in place?
• Are you exposing my listing with paid advertising to thousands of buyers?
• What cutting edge technics you use to target the right buyers?
• In what way you will encourage other realtors and loan officers to sell your home to their data base?
• Are you doing the usual open houses or dynamic open houses?
These questions are important because agents who operate at those high levels have the systems in place to handle your sale in a professional and expeditious manner and they have the marketing budget to make sure that you property is getting the best exposure.
A real estate agent (even a mediocre one) will be able to get a more accurate home value of your home. It’s because the agent will: • Get more accurate info about your home
• Use better comparable properties
• Get a clear picture about the condition of the home, interior or exterior
• See the curb appeal, neighbors home appeal and how busy is the street
• See the typography of the back yard and the slop of the driveway
Yes, the agent will have a more accurate home value from Zillow, but there is a big BUT.
Not all real estate agents are created equal especially not with one components that has a direct influence on the value of the home. That component is EXPOSURE. In other word when a real estate with a weak exposure strategy will be right to sell the home for less and vice versa.
Let’s dig in for more details. You just created a beautiful mobile friendly property web page with property videos, local market action report, property 30-page report, neighborhood report, school report and best ways to finance this home. Does every agent will direct buyers to the web page or the physical property from the following sources?
• Craigslist rotating posts daily.
• Zillow extended info + call capture.
• Facebook post realtor.
• Facebook post lender partner.
• Facebook advertising – targeting qualified buyers with a sophisticated follow up system.
• E-mail blast to all regional agent.
• E-mail blast to our data base.
• E-mail blast to lender data base.
• Promote the property to our agency agents – creating an e-mail blast templates and a non-branded property web page to access other agent’s data bases by making it convenient for them to send it to their clients.
• Promote the property to all regional real estate agents - creating an e-mail blast templates and a non-branded property web page to access other agent’s data bases by making it convenient for them to send it to their clients.
• PRIVATE MESSAGES RMLS – referring agents to a non-branded property extended info.
• Property sign with call capture (offering a video). • Video syndication – Tubemogul and Traffic Geyser.
• Dynamic OPEN HOUSE - including Facebook targeting ads and neighborhood door knocking.
"Dave is a realtor I would highly recommend. He does his research, works hard for his clients and is an excellent negotiator. He made sure we secured the house we wanted and helped us to sell our house for top dollar."
Stephanie & Steve Belinge
Dave was very responsive, available for our hectic schedules, and great with any explanations and bargaining. He was very knowledgeable of the market we were shopping in.
Mark & Michelle Stickley
We hadn’t a bought a house in a long time and Dave was patient in answering all of our questions as well flexible when we changed our mind on the house we wanted and also very responsive. It was a pleasure working with Dave.
We bought a home our dream home in Bonney Lake Washington contingent on the sale of our home in California Bay Area and so thankful Dave was recommended to us by our financial advisor. Our situation was complicated by being outside the US and Covid restrictions on travel. Dave’s knowledge, expertise, solid reasoning was immediately apparent. We quickly felt this was someone we could rely on who had our best interests in mind. I appreciated his thoughtful review and opinions on home inspection issues, bringing up considerations outside anything we had thought of. This guy works hard. The consistent communication was 5 star service. We had a polar opposite experience selling our home in California which was full of frustration, anxiety and distrust. Consider yourself in great hands choosing Dave as you agent. Thank you, thank you from the Symons-Hopper family!
Dave was referred from a friend and lived up to every expectation. He was prompt, informed and understanding. Thanks Dave!
"We have known Dave for years and choosing him as our realtor was a no-brainer. Not only does he know Vancouver well, he is upfront and provides accurate and honest information. Working with him was easy from beginning to end and we always felt confident that he had our best interests in mind. Dave is an excellent negotiator and stands firm for what his clients want. We definitely recommend Dave and would work with him again!"
I met David over a year ago at an Open House on our street. I told him that we would not be listing our home for at least a year but I would like to know the appropriate value. He ran comps of houses in our area and reviewed them with me.
When the time came to list the property I asked him to present a marketing plan. He and his realtor partner presented an interesting plan. I was impressed with their professional demeanor and knowledge of the real estate market. I liked their plan and decided to list with them .
We listed the house on a Friday and by Monday seven offers had been written. Six of those offers were above asking price.
I found David to be knowledgeable, available, helpful and a good communicator. He was eager to help in any way possible. We were very pleased with his suggestions and felt he knew the area and value
of property in our area.
Working with Dave was the best choice we could have made as first time home buyers. We didn’t know any realtors in the area and actually met him at an open house we just happened to drive past. We were set at ease by his knowledge of the area and his professionalism. We have met high pressure realtors before and he was definitely not that.
Dave did such a great job working with our schedule seeing seeing many houses over 4 months. At every showing, he helped us fairly evaluate the home for our needs and wants. We bought during a very tight and competitive market and Dave helped us navigate through several multiple offer situations. Ultimately we were able to lock down our new home with a creative offer that was tailored to the seller’s specific needs because Dave was in such great communication with the sellers agent. With his help, we were able to beat higher priced offers.
We are truly blessed to have met Dave at that open house and highly recommend his services to anyone!